Notify
Tools

Successful hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot this little guy at Show-Me-Safaris.  -

[ 10-08-2003, 23:44: Message edited by: JD HHI 6092 ]

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice lookin pig! what did it weigh? i just got a cz 550 in 9.3x62 and when i get it ready(bedded and scoped) i'm going to be looking for something just like that. cheers...bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll guess 100 pounds. Can we assume that is in Missouri?

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
looks like 200-250 to me.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what kind of firearm is in your hand?

NH_Hunter

Posts: 97 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats,

Tell us more about your hunt! I am guessing 80-100lbs., good eating size!! It is hard to tell how far back you are in the photo.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say that hog is more Russian than most Feral hogs....Different ball game, the more Russian the more cautious I become.

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Looks like a 325lb Russian and I believe I see 3 bullet holes on this side... Musta been a bit angry when you first poked him?

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very clever photography! The shot enhances the apparent size of the pig. That's an excellent way to photograph game, whether big or small, to emphasize the trophy. If you put the hunter in the foreground, even a 6x6 elk can look small.

Congrats on your hog, JD!

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
So, JD......are you going to tell us the rest of the story?

Congrats Again,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote