Find
Notify
Tools

Warthogs!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted
I love looking at Warthogs-they are truly the entertainment of the bush! Post up some pics of your Warthogs here.

On the wall at the Lodge in Namibia

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just can not seem to resist those warthogs, does not seem like I have been to Africa unless I hunt them. Here are a few of my buddy's and mine from RSA.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I love hunting wartie's too.

Here are a couple I got in RSA in 2005...

Smiler

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Another Rowland Ward Warthog shot out of the same archery blind that mine was.

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
The big tuskers are fine....but the smaller ones, roasted, are even better. With a few cold Castles..... beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never pass up a Warty!! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are very few things that a grown man can do with his clothes on that are more fun than hunting warthogs. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, that's GREAT ivory!!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the photo quality.

Hunting warthogs is pretty interesting.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad Starcevich
posted Hide Post
Canuck, The warty skulls are very impressive. Thanks for posting. Best, Starcharvski.

Posts: 135 | Location: St. Charles, IL USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
excellewnt trophys ,thank you for sharing.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Starcevich:
Canuck, The warty skulls are very impressive. Thanks for posting. Best, Starcharvski.

My friend wet wart hog hunting ( BOW ) and he is going to make a coat hanger out of his skull that ought to look realy trick.

Posts: 7 | Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA | Registered: 08 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aholz
posted Hide Post
This one was taken in RSA on Apr.16 2007 14.25"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a huge warthog from an area along the Awash River in the Central Danakil Desert called Gewane. The picture was taken in 1999.
It was an old communised farm from Ethiopia's Communist days.
There are still some big warthog there but it is becoming so grown up you can't see them.
Excuse the porr picture quality. It's a "blow up".

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The same photographer took the famous pic of bigfoot. Of course, this one is real. Or is it?

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bja105:
The same photographer took the famous pic of bigfoot. Of course, this one is real. Or is it?

lol It does look like a similar photograph

Beautiful animals!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's real. One of our PH's took it with a clients camera. I got a print from the client after he returned to the States and had a blow up made (hence the grainy composition). I did not see the hog but they were quite excited when they told me about it. The client didn't have a license and I had already filled my 2 licenses for lion bait. One of those was a 15". Smiler
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

RSA 2002 - .30-06 with 220 gr Woodleigh RN

RSA 2005 - 9.3x62 with 286 gr Woodleigh RN

RSA 2005 - 9.3x62 with 286 gr Woodleigh RN
(cull taken for the landowner)

RSA 2005 - 8x57 with 220 gr Woodleigh RN
(cull taken for landowner)

RSA 2005 - 8x57 with 220 gr Woodleigh RN
(cull taken for landowner)

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote