New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once upon a blue moon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had the opportunity to head up to my lease this past weekend. I hadn’t been since late July. One of my hunting buds picked me up Friday afternoon and we stayed through Monday morning.

First thing we did after arriving and unpacking was to go and set some snares. Came back and enjoyed the cool of the evening and a blue moon.

Saturday we checked the snares, but no luck there.

Sat out at my honey hole both Saturday and Sunday, morning and evening, but no hogs. I think this is the first time I’ve been skunked there over four settings.

Did happen to catch this sunset on my IPhone. It alone was worth the price of admission.

Bummer, no hogs yet, wonder if it could be the heat. It was hot.!

Saturday around 5 PM

I think it was so hot, the piggies must have been tubing down the Frio river with most everyone else. Sure were not there for the shooting.

Sunday morning we did have some luck though. We caught five in a hog trap.

Didn’t take long to settle their hash.

Talk about fleas. Those porkers were covered. I think most of them transferred to me during the skinning process.

This was also opening weekend of Dove season. Nailed few of them coming and going.

Another hot one,

Sunday around 5 PM

Sunday was another stellar evening. It cooled down considerably, not a cloud in the sky. My bud and hunted till dark, then came back to camp and got to observe nature’s glory while listening to some tunes and getting re-acquainted with Mr. Beam

Not a bad way to spend a weekend.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics. Warm temps too.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice weekend GW. It was hot up here as well. Glad to see there are still some pigs there for you and were able to utilize your trap. Bird hunting up here was unbelievable as well. In the past thirty years I have lived and hunted dove around here, I have never seen it this bad, there were no birds to speak of and I am surrounded by wheat, maize and corn fields and a few wet tanks that are low but not dry. Will have to wait to see what this next front brings down.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote