New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody ever hunt the Fennessey Ranch?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw this place, while on the road during spring break. Anybody ever hunt there?

http://www.fennesseyranch.com/hunting.htm

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Though it's been around 20 years, I did hunt the Fennessey and was there a couple of other times as well, including photographing another hunter who won a contest I ran. I was also there just for photos on another occasion.

The hogs back then were in abundance, and I hear it is much the same today. With thick vegetation and miles of Mission River frontage, it's a heavenly haven for wild hogs.

Like I said, it has been a while, but back then, the folks were extremely pleasant, worked with my crazy schedules -- and had very VERY nice accommodations right there on the water in Bayside.

Here's a hog I bagged on the Fennessey despite poor weather conditions during the hunt. A front had blown in, it rained most of the day and the wind was gusting to 30/35 mph. But the guide (Brian, if I remember correctly) was persistent and managed to get me on some hogs despite the odds.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
Thanks for the info.

I think I used to have a cap like that too! Big Grin

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote