New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wartie from Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here's one of the 3 Warties I took in Mozambique on a safari there a couple years ago, along with my tracker Mudu.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not an Africa vet, but from my perspective, Outstanding!

Care to fill in some details, or even tell a story about your trophy?

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were actually hunting for Nyala at the time, and had skirted a clearing where we had seen a nice one. As dark was falling, we were making our way back around the clearing, and I could barely make out something feeding in the middle. I glassed this Wartie, and then stalked around the side of the clearing, climbed to the top of a big termite mound that separated us, and popped him from the top with a 416 I happened to have in hand. The other 2 I shot were pretty close to this one...I had skull mounts of those 2 and a shoulder mount of this guy.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That is impressive! Thanks for sharing! tu2 tu2

Now, some day when you get a chance, how about a photo of the mount?

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, the Moz stuff is in a crate in the garage, awaiting completion of my 2nd trophy room. I think I will probably have this new one filled by the time it's done :-(

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Bobby, the Moz stuff is in a crate in the garage, awaiting completion of my 2nd trophy room. I think I will probably have this new one filled by the time it's done :-(

Go Biebs! tu2

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Biebs, how large where the tusks?

Beautiful trophy

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Great warthog!!

I will be looking forward to pics of the new trophy room!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Now that is one great wartie!! Congrats, Biebs! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I never measured him....not even sure how to. But I never measure anything I've taken.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That appears to be an exceptional speciman Biebs. Only hope I can find one that nice.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice, the only thing I wanted on my hunt that I did not get a chance at. Saw a moma and 3 little ones crossing the hwy on the way to the ranch, but did not see any while hunting. Next trip!

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JD, I've found that locating a nice-mountable Warthogs is pretty difficult these days. Maybe they get like older Whitetail bucks....laying up during the day and only coming out at night.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there is a pig with some attitude adjusters.

very nice...

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hang one just like it on my wall too.
Those circle tusks are impressive.
You did well Biebs.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, George. Just right place, right time I guess.