Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Hog Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Four of us got together outside Albany, Texas to put some pork in the freezer. Here are some photos.

Bob

I am on the left helping with breakfast after our morning hunt.

Joe with one of his 3 hogs.

The whole group.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These pictures sure weren't taken this weekend with the temperature approaching 100 degrees here in Texas.

Looks like you guys had a good time.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
These pictures sure weren't taken this weekend with the temperature approaching 100 degrees here in Texas.

Looks like you guys had a good time.

I'll say -- I just spent about three hours at the shooting range and it was plenty hot.

Bob -- is this on one of the larger ranches I might have heard of? Looks like a great time.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just spent about 4 hours at the range trying to work on some new loads. Can't believe it's already this hot in May.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Yep.....95 degrees today!

Charles...This was a hunt with Steve Ford out of Albany. He grew up there and guides on several ranches in the area. He has the advantage of being able to switch from one ranch to another. They are all low fenced ranches.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are lots of great ranches in the area that I have not heard of. I hunted one year on the Dawson Conway which shares one boundary with the Nail. I have spoken to Johnnie Hudman with the Stasney's Cook Ranch. I have met several people who hunted the Lambshead/Matthews. I know someone who has hunted on the Krooked River Ranch on occasion.

That area has great potential and properly managed can be exceptional. The first day I hunted that area I saw deer, quail, and turkey in one afternoon without leaving camp. I am a bit afraid that as the big ranches get broken up the quality may suffer.

Congratulations on a great hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote