New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boar Hog in the Sunny South
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Son-in-law asked me to go hog hunting, but I thought that weather conditions dictated that I do something else (like sit by the fireplace). Like usual when I don't go, sure enough they got a good one.

They ended up finding this monster after leaving the catch dog in the cage on the side-by-side, so......One well place shot put the boar down in the snow.

Well I was warm anyways.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nice photos friend ,but the dogos dont like the snow a lot ,your partner would be happy with your desicion.
JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juan. I'm sure you know more about dogos and snow than I do, but I haven't told him anything about it, just to be on the safe side. Big Grin

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig! I don't think I'll ever get used to the sight of those pigs running around in the deep snow. They've got short coarse hair that barely covers their body. Somebody tell me how those things stay warm enough to stay alive and how hard is it for them to find food? Do coyotes or cats ever try to grab an easy meal while the pigs are floundering in deep snow?

That sure a good looking red heeler, and he at least looks comfortable under the snow-covered Christmas trees.

Matt

Posts: 316 | Location: Jackson, Wyoming | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's a good hog, Larry! Congrats! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Well done!

That's the kind of weather where one looks forward to gutting something just to warm up the hands!

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, It wasn't well done by me guys, I was warming my hands by the fireplace.

The well dones and congrats go to my son-in-law Stuart.

Me, I looking forward to this weekend's hunt with warmer weather. If I see whitestuff, back to the fireplace with a hot cup of Louisiana coffee as black as my mother-in-law's heart. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still well done and nice sized hog too.

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boars in the snow is great!

here's a fellow of mine. Wink

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Des Allemands, La.

just so the good folks on here know here you're located and also to ask where all the white stuff came from!

that's a nice pig no matter the location!

fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Des+Allemands,+LA&gl=us&ei=Of9ATeOuDZG_gQeBxqSXAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA" target="_blank">http://maps.google.com/maps?q=...um=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to all of you're responses. As to the location of where the pig came from it is Prescott, Ar.

Des Allemands, is where I'm from, but I've moved to Arkansas permantely recently. The white stuff comes to Des Allemands very infrequently and the last time I saw that amount was in the year 1957. I had the measles and could not go outside and play in it. Mad

Here in Prescott, snows come more frequently but this amount (about 8") is relatively rare I think.

Anyhow it was a nice pig and I wish I had braved the snow, but I'm from the land of orange trees and slow moving bayous....so I sat it out...my bad.