New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge Javalina
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last night, the wife went to get something from her car, then came strait in and said there was a Javalina at our door (not uncommon). Well I jumped right up and ran out... and there he was, the biggest Javalina I have ever seen in my state. Every year I see maybe a few hundred. This was a loner boar and in fine shape. Beind the young dumb buck that I am... I decided to corral him into an area to get a better look. He was fisty, and would turn and snap his jaws at me whenever I got 5-10 feet from him. this went on for ten or so minutes before he got bored of me and went on his merry way. I hope he comes back so I can snap a picture of him. I doubt he will though... most of the Javalina dont start forging around my house untill 2 or so in the morning, this was 830pm, and he probably was just lost. Hell of a trophy Javalina though. I hunt Javalina 200 miles from my house, maybe I should start in my own yard

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Smallfry...
too bad you missed the trophy giant rat...

Those teeth are wicked nasty one just a 40-45#er

jeffe

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shit you not jeffe, he was pushing in the 70lbs range and I am not know for theatrics. I wonder what the largest one shot is? It was tempting to swat him. I had seen a picture of one shot in TXs that was claimed to be 80lbs, now it was big... but I am not sure if it was 80 lbs or not. I know in South America, where they are from, they grow quite a bit heavier. The desert is not known for producing large animals, as the enviroment lends to only slim pickings. I didnt get drawn for Javalina this year. Its funny... we have a Mountain full of Javalina, Bobcats, and Mt lions and they all come down to the houses to eat. Dogs are easier to pull from yards for bobcats and Mt lions, then getting the shit kicked out of them by deer and Javalina. Last year we had a dummy bit by a Javalina on a "Nature Trail" guy probably tried to feed him some energy bar he bought for ten bucks.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hey Pal...
I keep forgeting that other states get drawn for what could be classified as a pest...

I have no idea how big the biggest is, but WHEW!!! 80# would have gotten a 12 ga blast (that's generally what's handy at jeffe's)

What a monster.. Too bad you did get a pic.. I would LOVE to see one that big

jeffe

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote