Find
Notify
Tools

SC, GA or Florida hogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted
I'll be spending two weeks in Charleston SC late february/early march, and am wondering what there is to do on my spare time. Does anyone know anything about possible hog hunting opportunities in this area? I've never been to this part of the world, so I'm willing to travel a few hundred miles from Charleston if need be. If hog hunting isn't an option there, I might look into some sort of fishing trip. Either way, I'm looking for a one-day goof off event. Any ideas?

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's some BIG catfish in the Santee-Cooper complex,and a fair bunch of hogs around there (Francis Marion NF),but check with Feds for regs.I guy I used to work with was from that area and often went home and came back with the pork! He usually hunted family land,but I know he hit the Hell Hole WMA with his bow a lot.Should be some outfitters around there as well.Good luck,Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the SC DNR Website

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/pubs/SwineMap4.pdf

Show thedensity of hogs in SC according to the DNR

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
give my friend keith a call he owns and opperatesa hog hunting opperation in GA

his number is 912-313-7952

tell him steve from ontario sent ya.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote