THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    one for the road...well, for Geedubya on the road!!!

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

one for the road...well, for Geedubya on the road!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

Geedubya-No hunting here (just sniping from the house!), but I am hoping this is a "good luck piggie" for your road trip and hunting!

Around 8:15 this evening, under near-dark conditions, I noticed movement in the field near the house. I did not grab binos; there's be no time for that if there'd be a shot. Instead, I grabbed the .309 JDJ. A peek through the scope told me it was a turkey hen heading into open territory -- not normal activity at this time of evening. Knowing something had run it off the nest, I began to scan the surroundings. Sure enough, a hog stood perfectly still between a couple of small youpons. As soon as the reticle found the sweet spot, I touched the trigger and sent a 150 grain Accubond on a pork-perforating mission. The bullet flew true, ripped through the vitals and put the boar down in its tracks.

I just hope that hen found a safe spot to roost in for the night...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just have to wonder if he destroyed the nest before you got him, Bobby. Sure hope not...

I am diggin' this... I can't get to the woods because of current stuff going on, but love to see you making the pork chops hit the ground. Keep on keepin' on, guy!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
150 grain Accubond on a pork-perforating mission

"Sent a 150 grain Pork Perforator on a mission".

Fixed that for you Bobby. You just named a new line of pig bullets. "150 gr. Pork Perforator" has a ring to it don't it.

Hope you got the pig before it got in the nest.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Hey, I like that. We'll split the royalties! Smiler

I plan on having the twins go out after school and see if they can spot the hen. Hopefully the nest was OK, but I have my doubts. To get a hen off a nest, you literally have to knock them off of it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2 Another job well done. tu2 tu2

I have my doubts about the nest also Bobby. We saw a couple of hens still moving around about 5 o'clock Wed. afternoon, but as it gets closer to dark about the only way a hen will leave her nest is to be scared off of it.

Congrats on a great shot.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Good work Bobby!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
good work my friend ,and nice carbine

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Job my friend great shooting!

Thanks Again for the info you gave me.

Mahalo,

Dom

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
update: There's been no sign of the turkey hen, so I am guessing the hog did destroy the nest and that she moved elsewhere. For at least 10-12 days before this, you could see her pretty regularly between 9 and 10:30 in the mornings as she seemed to have quite the established routine.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that Bobby, was hoping that the pig did not find the nest. Makes me wonder know, even more, how many turkeys and quail that we won't have due to pigs.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

ROTFLMAO!

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote