Being Invaded !
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.sc-democrat.com/new...0October/01/news.htm

My county is being invaded , what should I do ?? BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kill everyone you see. Sows especially. Then kill some more. Wait till a couple line up and then shoot so you can get two for one shot. Don't worry if the second one is gutshot. Work the bolt and shoot the ones running away in the rear end. Keep shooting. When you're out of ammo, call in an air strike. Good luck.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, Keep shooting.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Campbell:
Yep, Keep shooting.

And try to enjoy yourself in the process!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much is a plane ticket from CA to NY? Wink

It's interesting, with so many populations supposedly that it's 450 per pig to go shoot them, they are smart enough to stay to private lands versus public, and in CA they changed it from 5 tags for $x to $x per tag. ????

I need to move somewhere that has this problem. Big Grin

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Was that title saying Feral Pigs or Federal Pigs???? Either way a terrible invasion. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kill them all no matter what size or you will be overun and the other animals will suffer , they are carnivorous, and root everything in sight here in SC.

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kill them all no matter what size or you will be overun

I used to not want to kill the shoats, but then I saw what all they could do when left unchecked. You must show them no mercy whatsoever. If the only shot you have is on a baby, take it. If you can take a couple or three with the same shot, do it. If shot you have is on a sow with a litter, all the better. They have no natural predators, eat anything and reproduce like rabbits. Very bad combination. An even worse combination isn't even found in Washington, D.C. right now.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swordfish
posted Hide Post
"He took a shot using a high-calibre rifle, and although he hit the pig between the eyes, it got up and ran away."
bsflag
Was that a super pig? Eeker
I'm surprised he didn't say it flew away. animal

Posts: 242 | Location: Florida | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swordfish, IIRC, a hog's brain is a bit above the eyes. Speaking technically, if you shoot a hog "between the eyes", you will miss the brain.

My rule of thumb for killing hogs looking dead at you has always been to draw an "X" using lines from right eye to left ear, and vice versa, then shoot where the lines cross. This will be above the eyes.

But... anywhere close with anything except an FMJ should have resulted in a dead porker.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swordfish
posted Hide Post
Miracles are said to happen.

Posts: 242 | Location: Florida | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With Quote