New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid/South Florida Hog Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just relocated to Stuart Fl and looking to get involved in area hog shoots. Anyone have any suggestions on land, guides, etc.?

Posts: 53 | Location: Virginia and Georgia | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am not just sure where Stuart is. But, two things I can tell you. Do NOT expect much at Cedar Key if you go to Tiger Island Outfitters. It's a 43 acre fenced, put n take operation where the owner's word is NO Good at all, he'll lie to you in front of others.

BUT: There's a great fishing guide there I can highly recommend. Dennis Voyles of Voyles Guide Service. IF you talk to either of them, please tell 'em I sent you and what I said & where.

Good luck,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6019 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to S. Florida! I am right down the road from you and can tell you the guides I have used and also guides that my friends have used.
#1) Chappy's Outfitters Okeechobee Fl. Stand and dog hunting. Meat and trophy hogs are very plentiful. Guides are great. Low pricing in the summer if you can take the heat.
#2) Out West Farms Okeechobee Fl. Stand, Dog and spotting and stalking off a buggy. Loads of hogs. Different fees for trophy and meat hogs.
#3) Hog Heaven Muse Florida (LaBelle). Friends of mine go there and have had a great time. You can stay over at the lodge, hunt the afternoon, have dinner and hunt the next morning too. Pricing is in line with the rest of them.
PM me any time and we can maybe go together. I work out of town a lot and when I get home (Loxahatchee), I am usually ready to hunt some hog. I live within a few miles of the Corbett WMA, which has hogs, but they must be hunted during the regular hunting seasons.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I live down the road in Coral Springs. I shoot at the Martin Country Shooting Club. They have a small range that goes out to 100yds as well as several pistol and small bore ranges.

I would be up for a hog hunt. I have hunted around Okeechobee and had a good time.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be in Hobe Sound in about 2 1/2 weeks weeks. I will pm you and maybe we can get together. I have a couple cf places I hunted hogs. Dave

Posts: 269 | Location: South East Florida | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be contacting Everglades Adventures South Florida Safaris (www.huntsflorida.com) for a fair chase hog hunt in a few weeks. Half day starting in June is $300.00. A little higher than most, but this is a true spot and stalk style hunt on thousands of acres on the edge of the everglades. I have been reading the reviews online and it seems like something I would like to do.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote