Tools

Oklahoma Hogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palidun:
What are you shooting in the 223. Seems pretty effective to me. I shoot pigs mostly with a 7x57 but use various 22 centerfires and 6MM's during the summer months.
I have a variety of 55-grain projectiles (Sierra Blitz King, Hornady V-Max, Hornady SP, Speer SP, Midsouth Varmint Nightmare, etc.) loaded over 25.0 grains of WC844 with chronographed velocities of 3011 FPS. I'll shift over to Sierra 65-grain SBT Game Kings whenever my current supplies are exhausted.

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
Originally posted by Miles Massey:
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Where's the rest of the herd of pups?
They're dying or dead from lack of feed.
George
I shot six and recovered four juveniles with the first sow and my dad shot two with the second sow using a .22 pistol he was carrying. I went back to the house and reloaded my rifle as well as grabbed a .357 to return and shoot four more juveniles. I'm hesitant to photograph or post any photos of the juvenile hogs because of the grotesque nature of their wounds and people showing this pestilence sympathy.
Well I guess I really enjoy eating this "pestilence!" Big Grin
My point is non-hunters and "nature lovers" get turned off by seeing young "cute" pigs missing heads, limbs, etc.

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote