Find
Notify
Tools

Big Boar
 Login/Join

<gary_hall>
posted

Bakes.
What are you doing Saturday? give us a call.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice hog Gary! Did you weigh the brute? What did you shoot him with?

Whitworth

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Didn't weigh it, but well over 120kgs. I actually shot it with my trusty Marlin 45/70 lever action, but I'm holding a BLR .308 in the photo.

My mate Cyclone. It makes the rifle look small.

<gary_hall>
posted
The big boar took a couple of hits from the 45/70 (350 grain slugs).

Cyclone only needed one 45/70 round to drop the boar below.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
you know I really hate to say this and if I am wrong I apologize but look at these photos closely...they all look like thet are cut and paste or edited photos...the humna figures all seem to have a very different "focus" and sharpness of all other images in the picture...mor than just the difference in focus of a camera lens...

Soemthing is just not right

Posts: 10064 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Mike.

I can assure you that none of the photos are cut, pasted or edited and all photos are totally genuine and taken with my minolta 7000 SLR camera. I shoot and dog hundreds of hogs a year, have been writing freelance articles for three Australian hunting magazines for the past ten years and have a highly regarded reputation amoungst Australian hunters which I wouldn't jeopardize, nor would I need to for the sake of a couple of photos.

Just because the boars are of good size and quality don't assume the photos have been doctored.
Gary.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Amen, Gary! Nice hog!

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Ny comment was not driven by the size of the hogs but by the way the humans look relative to everyone else...I belive you...the picture just look different

Posts: 10064 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Mike.

No worries.
Gary.

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Gary

Keep posting those pictures they are great.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Gary

Quote:

I gave up a full time well paying job five years ago to work part time because of our addiction to going out hunting/fishing/riding quads and the like.

Sounds like the right thing to do. You only live once and spending time with the kids is important. I have a son 11 years old and one on the way.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote