THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    advice on hunts at Chestnut Lodge in North Carolina?

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

advice on hunts at Chestnut Lodge in North Carolina?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,
My uncle and I are looking into a road trip down there to hunt wild boar. Yes, it's a preserve hunt, but I've heard a few good recommendations about the property and the operation as a whole from a few of my uncle's hunting friends. We're working with limited time this fall, so we're looking for a high likely hood of a successful hunt on a budget. This place just about guarantees a one day success with the inclusion of a second day hunting if need be. Prices seem reasonable for the services rendered, just looking for anyone with first hand experience with the outfit.

Posts: 1429 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
There's another one you should look at that I have used in the past and it is calley Wooley Swamp Farms. The proprietor, Dave, can be reached at: (252) 939-0112

His prices are reasonable and success rate is way more than reasonable. The outfit is in Snow Hill, NC.

Welcome to the forum, Brandon!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the recommendation, Whitworth! I'm ideally looking for a well guided outfit as I'm a rather novice hunter (whitetail once and pheasant once). I'll give Dave a call on my next day off. Any inkling as to what they run price wise?

Posts: 1429 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
You know, for a fenced operation, he's quite a bit cheaper than his competitors. Not sure what he is asking for a hog, but know that his exotic sheep (Texas Dahl, Corsican, etc.) are only $350.00 a pop. Give him a call and tell him you heard about him on an internet hunting site (we spoke yesterday and had a conversation about this very topic, LOL!).

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That seems considerably cheaper than the rates at Chestnut Lodge. Chestnut is roughly $600 for most of the animals (hogs and multiple sheep), which includes your lodging for three nights if need be, one day hunting and a second day if no success on the first. No meals included, but access to their kitchen facilities.
I plan on giving Dave a call mid-week when I have a day off to see what he's to offer and at what price. Very surprised there's a business left without a website! Very little info on his facebook page.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted at Chestnut once, 6 years ago. He's about 25 miles from my home. His prices were considerably cheaper at that time than what you have apparently found now. I had a satisfactory experience.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Carolina,USA | Registered: 17 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FFemt5287:
That seems considerably cheaper than the rates at Chestnut Lodge. Chestnut is roughly $600 for most of the animals (hogs and multiple sheep), which includes your lodging for three nights if need be, one day hunting and a second day if no success on the first. No meals included, but access to their kitchen facilities.
I plan on giving Dave a call mid-week when I have a day off to see what he's to offer and at what price. Very surprised there's a business left without a website! Very little info on his facebook page.

Brandon, he's in the process of redoing his website and will be rolling it out very soon. This is a conversation we recently had as well!

Semper Fidelis