Notify
Tools

Wish me luck....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Tonight I will try again.
Everything is set up. I built a high stand in the middle of a corn plantation. Inside the plantation, 70 yards away from the blind is a big waterhole with plenty of mud for the pigs.

In three days we will have full moon so I will have enough light. Last thursday, when I built the blind I saw fresh tracks of two pigs and some piglets, they must be middle size sows.

I just hope that the angus calf has gone away from the corn!!! Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Good luck Lorenzo. And pictures are great. Packy

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Lots of luck Lorenzo! We are expecting a full report upon your return -- and as Packy said, pictures! We demand pictures! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Buena Suerte as we sometimes say in Texas!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen!!
I will also take some used motor oil and some corn I have had in water for several weeks to put near the mud.

Here we have many thornbush and building a ladder or a seat as you use in the States is much more difficult because you never find a straight tree in the bush, so I use and recomend a light metal tubbular structure (scaffold??) as the ones used in the construction or for painting houses. They are easy for transport in a bakkie and you can build and disamble them very fast anywhere. You put them near the trees so the branches help to camo the structure. It's 52x52 inches by 142 inches high.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wear a safety harness in your tree stand. Also, unload the rifle, lift it to the platform with a rope, and then load it. Unload it before you lower it.

But I'll bet that you knew that already.

Smiler

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Build it with one corner next to the tree and tie it to the tree every section you go up. Sure don't want it to tip over with you.

Take enough planks for a good deck and something to sit on to make it more comfortable. Since you can haul it in close there's no reason you can't take enough to make a dandy hooch.

Good luck, and stay safe. Take those pictures too, like they've said, gotta have pictures.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5958 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote