New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good Hog hunt.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning another hog hunt in Texas the first part of next year. Since the outfitter we used this year was less than satifactory I thought I might check on some others. Has anyone hunted with http://www.theboarsden.com/ in northern Texas?
they list russian hogs which is what I would like to add to the collection.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for a particular type of hunt, a large boar, what exactly. It seems from your last report that you hunted in dry condition and with feeders. Do you want a change or just more hogs?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles
I am wanting a rifle hunt for myself and my two sons, not too particular as to the type of hunt either feeders or spot and stalk type hunts or both. I would like to get a nice boar to mount as well as one eating size.
I think due the the dry conditions the last place we hunted had some pretty slim pickins as well as a coupled lack of interest shown by the outfitter. We only seen two hogs of any size and did take them. Would like to find a place that had a few more.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check out this website www.lazyrhunts.com/

We hunted with Chris and Maria 2 yrs. ago. All the hogs you could shoot, 1 javelina, coyotes and bobcats. It is about an 18,000 acre ranch. In 3 days we took 2 javies, and 6 wild hogs. Can't say we took any "russians", but I'm always a little skeptical about hunts that advertise russians, if its not on a preserve. They may have hybrids, which are a russian/feral cross. Good luck in your search.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I would check with Stasney's Cook Ranch, The Nail Ranch (although I think it may be changing hands) and Mesquite Country Outfitters.

We had a lot of pigs where I hunted in South Texas, and if yo could get an early hunt there in February or a hunt in the fall you would do well. They try to take a lot of pigs in the off season so the earlier hunter probably get a better shot. I can give you a number if you want it.

There are a lot of other places that I know nothing about. Whoever you pick (whether one of the ones I listed or someone else) be sure to check recent refernces.

Ryan Campbell who posts here may be able to help you as well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Rolland,

Just back from the Cook Ranch (www.stasneyscookranch.com), my wife shot some good hogs 237 lbs - 219 lbs - 203 lbs - 186 lbs - Large ranch excellent service and good hunting

Good luck, thumb
Roland

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roland1:
Hi Rolland,

Just back from the Cook Ranch (www.stasneyscookranch.com), my wife shot some good hogs 237 lbs - 219 lbs - 203 lbs - 186 lbs - Large ranch excellent service and good hunting

Good luck, thumb
Roland

Looks like you had a great trip -- congratulations!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland
Looks like a great hunt, those are some nice piggys.
Congratulations cheers

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
try charles gasch he is the man south of san antonio@ 830-334-7155 cell.. he does night hunts, dog hunts, has night vision and a finger on the hog [ulse in this part of the country... but without rain its going to be a slow year again this year.. check out rattlersnakers pics on this site

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
His son might want to shoot one with a bow, if the opportunity presented itself. sofa

Posts: 758 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Imressive load of hogs.
What a mess that is though!

Just exactly the kind and type huntin partner I'm lookin for too! Congrats on finding her.
May it last a long time and always be happy.

Thanks for sharing the pictures,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5958 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good topic. I'm looking for a place to hunt with my dad who lives in DFW. Neither of us have gotten a hog yet.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures. As my granpa used to say, "all that meat and no potatoes."

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles,
Thanks for the plug. I appreciate it.
Rolland,
I always try to take care of fellow AR members when they come hunting with me. Let me know if you'd like to go and we will definately make it happen.
Thanks.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote