THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tenn. Russian boar hunting..recommendations?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm gonna book a Russian boar hunt in Tennenesse but would like some recommendations that anyone would have for a location/lodge/place.
Thanks in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted a couple of places down there, many years ago. I'll list three or four places. I don't have their web addies, but you should be able to google them up.

1. Clarkrange Hunting lodge.
2. Caryonah Hunting lodge.

Here are a couple that I've heard good things about, but haven't hunted.

1. Wilderness Hunting lodge
2. Brimstone Outfitters
3. Tellico Jct. Hunting preserve
4. Tennessee Extreme Boar Hunting

Here is one to stay away from.

1. Cumerland Mtn. Hunting lodge

They are all hunting preserves. Clarkrange probably has the most rugged terrain. Most of the hogs are feral or feral/russian cross. The best action is with dogs. If you want to hunt a "pure" russian hog, they will cost you BIG BUCKS! Some furnish meals, some don't. Take that into consideration when pricing the hunts. They all are priced pretty much the same.

If you want a pure russian, here is a place that I looked into, but haven't hunted there.

1. http://www.cedarridgehunting.com/

they are in central Missouri. Hope this helps.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I hunted Cedar Ridge and highly recommend it.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been to Caryonah five times and have met folks who have tried other places and prefer Caryonah...better lodging and grub.

Just got their current price list and the cost of a boar has gone to $750....getting a bit out of line for me.

Still, a good place and they treat ya right.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own Clarkrange Hunting Lodge in Tennessee. We offer boar hunting year 'round and yes, the terrain is very rugged. The price is $595 plus tax for two days hunting and three nights lodging. You can find more info at www.kenmoody.com or you may call us at 800-585-4868 if interested. Thanks.

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is one to stay away from.

1. Cumerland Mtn. Hunting lodge

I second that. Went there about six years ago and the total acreage was only about 300 acres. They price the hogs by what color ear tag it has. And if you want to hunt something else like a ram they close off half the property and then release the animal.

Been to Wilderness Hunting Lodge and it is alot better and much more acreage. It can get somewhat crowded with other hunters on weekends.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Be sure to check out www.tennboar.com . Daniel has a great setup and is a great guy. The last time we were there, one of our party killed one that was over 600lbs.