THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog/Boar/Pig Hunting In The Northeastern U.S.
 Login/Join

posted
Just how far north and east can one find wild specimens? Not talkin' about game ranches, now, but actual wild game. I'm in PA... do I have to drive down to GA for this? What about NC or TN?

Uji

posted Hide Post
What? Did I ask a stupid question here? How come nobody bit?

All I'm tryin' to figure out is the closes place to go for my first hog hunt.

If I can't get a response here... where the heck can a guy go?

Uji

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have not gotten an answer. I would love to help you but I do not know how close to you there are wild hogs. If you have not found anything on the internet I would give it a while longer as this forum does not get as much traffic as some others.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I don't have the answer to this question either, but I've hunted fenced areas in Pa., VT and NY and had a real good time. You will find it close to home, cheaper in most cases than travelling to Ga. and if you find it less than sporting bring something other than a high powered scoped rifle. Try a bow, handgun or muzzle loader. But don't miss out on the fun so close to you.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
According to this website, you can find them as close to you as Virginia or West Virginia. I don't know about hunting opportunities there.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the input and will check out the site that Charles posted.

Uji

One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
Hello!
I went to Tennessee to get mine and had a great time! Mine was 255lbs but they commonly get 300-400 pounds where I was. Its in Monteray Tenn. Borders eastern KY.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those states you mentioned do have them (NC,TN)GA has them also. I dont have a complete answer to your question either but thought id let you know that those staes you mentioned do have wild populations of wild hogs.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Uji:

where at in PA are you? Update your profile, please.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Profile updated...

Uji

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
There is a place in Ontario (name?????) and a place in New York called Lucky star ranch.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles Helm, I went to the site you recommended and love it. Everything you ever wanted to know about wild animals but were afraid to ask. Great site.
hijack

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
D99:

What kind of snake are you holding in your Namibia photo album?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
I consider the northeast like Pa, NY state, I know Pa has some decent hog hunting, might look into something there

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Cold:
Uji was looking for wild hogs, unfenced. There are a lot of fenced preserves that are "close" to fair chase. Here in NY, VT and PA. In any case they are a blast to hunt and you always get your man or beast.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote