THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes it's best to blend in..........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
with the herd. dancing

This calico hoglet stood out amongst all the others just before dark thirty!

So, she got nailed.

Talley one more for the Merkel!

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WTG--I'm headed out to the ladder stand tomorrow evening with a 12-ga semi-auto stuffed with 3" magnum #4 buck

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustoffer:
WTG--I'm headed out to the ladder stand tomorrow evening with a 12-ga semi-auto stuffed with 3" magnum #4 buck

good luck, it sounds like it ought to be a blast. tu2
I may just try that next go round.

I'm in the process of setting up a couple tripods. I've set one in the same area where the calico hog was taken. I plan to set up two more. I may just set them close enough to either use a shotgun or crossbow. It seems there is a lot of activity between dark thirty and dawn. Even with a kill light, shooting at 125 yds+ one is not always successful in low light. I let one of my buds use my light this past weekend. I was about 164 yds out and two big uns came in at 6:17 PM. I could make them out with my binocs, but not through the scope. If I'd been 30 yards out or so it would have been a done deal.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote