New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early boar
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
North west wind last night. Sat at my friend's place. It is getting dry and the pigs are hitting the feeders. The persistent deer are also there waiting. I lip squeaked, coughed and smacked while flashing my flashlight to run em off! Each time coming back. It took a sounder to finally run them off. Not tiny but small pigs. A bigger one was in back but soon came in. Bang, flop, 195 pound boar, 375 Ruger! With big boy laying in pen a deer came back and was eating corn out side the fence! Persistent indeed!

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well done! I smelled one here two nights ago but never saw him. Hurt too badly to watch in the beautiful moonlight last night...but maybe I'll get to take a peek outside a time or two tonight.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nice work again Live Oak.
Good luck Bobby. You need to kill a hog under tomorrow night's "Blue Moon."
Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote