New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys be careful out there....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A guy I knew from back home was killed this past weekend by his hunting partner. They got seperated somehow and one guy ended up shooting the other as he came walking out of the brush. He mistook him for a hog.

Just something to think about. I know we all take these things for granted when we go hunting.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a hog that was as tall as a man. This sounds more like a hit than a hunt.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know all the facts, but if I had to guess it was probably more inexperience hunting hogs at night than anything else.

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting at night is no more dangerous than hunting in the daytime.What is dangerous is hunting with someone who takes pot shots in the bush without positively identifying a target.This is no accident,it is negligent homicide.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
AMEN, eyedoc

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote