New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting hogs in S/E S.C.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've never hunted hogs, but sure would like to try it. Are there any hog hunters here from South East South Carolina?

Punch

If you can't have fun when you go out, STAY HOME !

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SC doesn't have a very big hog popuation. I saw a population map on SC's DNR website some time ago but it doesn't seem to be there now. Best advice is to either boodk a hunt with one of the clubs/ranches/preserves there or walk the river banks. Hogs will be around water when they are nowhere else. Try www.naoutfitters.com or www.roblynsneck.com. There are hogs to be had in SC but you have to really look for 'em.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Puncher -- if you are going to be forced to travel for your hog hunting, why don't you just pop on down to Florida. I used to live in FLA and the hog population is huge. I've done quite a bit of hog hunting there and I highly recommend it. I know you would like to find something closer by, but it might just pay to take a road trip. Just my 2 cents.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went on a deer hunt at South Carolina at Cedar Knoll Hunt Club at Lakeview Plantation this past season. On the next to last day (5 Day hunt) I still had not seen anything when all of a sudden about ten hogs came out of the woods and started playing butt tag. I picked one about a hundred pounds and bagged it. Saved my trip. It wasn't what I went to hunt for but at least I was not skunked.

Posts: 50 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With Quote