New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hogzilla spotted!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of Whitworth
posted
Gatogordo -- seems to me that you're going to have to go in and get this monster. Do you have to use dogs?

Whitworth

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Andre.
It took 2 shots from the 30/30 to put in on the deck. My mate Shannon (pictured) was happy and relieved when the hog went to ground.

The photo below is my son Matt's biggest boar. He used a Rossi coach gun from the back of a quad. Gary.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind offers.

And, if you're ever up this way, you can stop by. However, I hunt them on a regular basis 24/7/365 and they are VERY hunter educated hogs. It ain't easy. There are plenty of them here right now (as any hog hunter knows they don't always stick to one area, on my place there are usually more in the winter months) and I would feel pretty confident in telling someone that with a day or two of effort, especially with the great yellow call, they would kill one or more, but I don't want hog hunters stomping, snorting, spitting, fornicating, or cussing (drinking is OK as long as your are a quiet drunk and don't throw up on my truck ) on my deer grounds during deer season, which happens to be right now and is the same general area as the hog grounds. Frankly, I wouldn't come any distance to hunt hogs on my place, it is too iffy. Lights at night flat don't work, you can kill them by the light of the moon if you can shoot with it). Right now is some of the best (or worst, depending on your POV, I actually admire wild hogs, but they are extremely competitive with deer on mast) I've seen as far as numbers go tho.

I killed a 275 pound boar the other day while deer hunting in the morning about an hour after daylight. Fairly uncommon to see them in the morning after first light.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote