Find
Notify
Tools

Brazilian hog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
last hog hunting with my team...

Caçar é mais que matar, é um estado de espirito...

Posts: 82 | Location: Brasil | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice one!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Nice hog with good looking cutters. What rifle/cartridge did you use and at what distance did you shoot the hog?

Congrats!

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thx for sharing!
You hunt in brazil?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like knife or spear to me

Posts: 1102 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What did it weigh?
Looks big from here, mighty fine hog.
Am happy for the hunter.
Thanks for sharing,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that day was wearing a 20ga with sabott (cbc knock down).
Shooting distance of approximately 8m.
The boar ran and got the dogs in the passage of the woods into the cornfield.

The knife marks were made to bleed the boar

I did not actually weigh it, but I believe I have 120/130 kg

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That is one great boar you shot there! Congratulations! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice pig! I really like the "cleaning stand"!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Great one, Chef !

Keep them coming...

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reiter:
Great one, Chef !

Keep them coming...

Thank's my friend!!!!!
Estou te esperando aqui para pegar um desses!!!!

Yesterday I took the measurements of tusk ... 8cm in length and 3.2cm in width

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Muy Bien!

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A nasty looking beast. I do believe 120 to 130 kilos would be spot on.

Those bottom tushes look wiked sharp and pointy.

Might be the camera angle but appear round whereas the tushes on hogs here can almost be triangular with two distinct cutting edges.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Excellent ! Congrats and great to see pigs from other parts of the world !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gui
Bom porco. Onde você está no Brasil? Eu não sabia que havia alguma arma de caça no Brasil.
RC

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
"Caçar é mais que matar, é um estado de espirito... "

---
I like your tag line.

As to the boar: Grande porco!!! Parabéns. (Forgive me if I made mistakes with the language!)

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo C:
Gui
Bom porco. Onde você está no Brasil? Eu não sabia que havia alguma arma de caça no Brasil.
RC

Olá ricardo, estou no interior d São Paulo. Você está em que país?
As leis de armas e caça no brasil são péssimas(se equiparam ao desarmamento civil feito por Hittler antes das Grande Guerra...), mas ainda sim é possivel conseguir alguma coisa legalmente!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bobby and Charlie!
Bobby, did not have any errors ... very good your portugês!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Estou nos Estados Unidos. Tenho muitos amigos e vizinhos brasileiros. Nós ir pescar juntos no mar. Amigos são na sua maioria do sul, sc. criciuma, alguns de grande.ms Campo, e de Novo Progresso, Pará e Imperatriz.marnhao. Acho que há mais brasileiros aqui do que no Barsil.
Estou portogues aprender, é difícil de aprender.
Ferrari, italiano?
Há um homem aqui de São Paulo que vai para casa e caça com arco e flecha. Até a próxima vez.