New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess you could say it worked
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last Thursday I cataract surgery on my left eye. Now I can not see with my glasses on my left eye and can not see without them on my right. With my laundry list of eye issues popping the lens out of the left side just does not work! My brain functions best with no glasses! Binos no problem, just twist the eyes pieces out! On the scope I had to refocus the reticle. Sat last night at the creek feeder. When I removed two of my other feeder location I move the green lights to the creek. Very soon after the feeder went off I noticed a dark form close by. Pig!! Waited until he got in the "green" area and touched on off. Very loud hollow thump! 300PRC. I saw him get up and slowly move off. Too quick for a second shot. I found fire ants curled up on a little blood and meat but no blood trail. I doubt I could have seen it anyway. Looked around some but no pig. I went back this morning and took my dog. Dog was no help. Finally went in to the creek and was poking in the thick brush working my way to a deep gully that empties in to the creek. Me or the dog upset the pig that was very much still alive! I heard it grunting and then saw the brush move. It took several shots from my 22 revolver to subdue it! Gut shot! It was already 100 degrees so no weight just a picture!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're cute when they're sleeping like that!

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote