New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pig Hunting near Los Angeles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are there any places to hunt pigs close to LA Calif?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tejon Ranch, which is one of the largest land owners in California offers hunts and they are about an hour or so north of LA. I am not sure what the hunts cost now, as I hunt ranches and land out of Paso Robles, which is a three hour drive out of LA.

If you are looking for a place to hunt and can get away for a day, try heading up to the central coast for some good shooting. Kyler Hamann (sp?) posts here and offers great hunts for a day trip. If you need anything else, drop me a PM and I can try and point you in the right direction.

Be safe,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will be spending a few weeks with a friend and we would like to do some pig hunting while I am there.
I will check with Kyler I did not know he was close to LA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Central Coast is a better route to go. The numbers of pigs up there is amazing. From LA, Paso Robles is an easy three hour drive if you take I-5. It is a boring route, but it is two hours north on I-5 and an hour west on Highway 46 and you are there.

Last time I shot up there the pigs were everywhere. I shot a nice pigs and within ten minutes of shooting one, another half dozen nice pigs were less than a hundred yards from us. You should have some fun. I will be up there the next two weekends and may get some hunting in while there.

Be safe,

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done a little checking and you are correct. The Paso Robles area looks like the place to go.