New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog hunting outfitters in Florida
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Although I have not picked one yet, I am looking into booking a hunt with an outfitter here in Florida to bust some piggies. Does anybody have any experiences to share as far as pricing, conditions at the ranch, overall impressions?

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I've done quite a bit of hunting in Florida (Central Florida) as I used to live there. I need a couple of hours to find the numbers, but I'll post a little later on. There is one outfitter I've used that I was pretty pleased with and that was at Fish Eating Creek near Arcadia, FL. Again, let me locate this info and I will get back to you.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks... Driving to Arcadia from Tampa sure beats driving to the panhandle for that matter.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Gixxer -- the number to the Fish Eating Creek hunting camp is 863/675-4117 -- ask for Charlie. I lived in Tampa (South Tampa) as well, and used to make the drive in about two and a half hours. Just take the 60 east bound to the 27 south, and you'll run right into it. The terrain is typical Florida swampland and palmetto scrub. They have some nice hogs, and you will most likely be put up in a camper/trailer at the Ëhoney holeË. What do you plan on hunting with? I've used rifle and pistol out there with success. There's another outfitter that's north of Okeechobee, but I can't find his info (I'll try). Keep me posted.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ironically, I found the website to the Fisheating Hunting Camp on the internet right after I read your first post. I plan on using my 375 RUM for the piggies. No worries, I am rolling my own down on the power level just a tad. There's no reason to blast meat piggies with a 300gr Swift A Frame at 2900FPS(alhough it would be cool redneck fun though)... Actually I just got off of the phone with Northfork bullets, placed an order for the 250's.

I do not remember if they offered alternatives to hunting with dogs, even though that is the most sure way to get guaranteed a kill, I dunno if I am up to that yet. I think I would be happier doing a spot and stallk or sit over a feeder.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Gixxer -- no need to make excuses about your caliber choice. I have the lone distinction of having taken hogs on that property with both my .416 Rem Mag and my .458 Lott. I figure that there is no better practice than on live game (hope to do Tanzania this summer). In fact, my last hunt there I shot two nice meat hogs ('bout 100-lbs each) with one .458 round -- I didn't see the one behind it, but it dropped as well. By all means bring out the artillery!

You won't be hunting hogs with dogs out there. It'll be over a feeder or spot and stalk. I took a nice 250-pounder at the Honey Hole a couple of years ago. Definitely keep me posted.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 50 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You can always check out rons guide service. I got back yesterday and took two boar with a knife. They use dogs so you get what they catch but it is a blast.

posted Hide Post
gixxer,

I am about to move down to tampa actually going to be in holiday or new port richey did you give any of these outfitters a try? I have been talking to a few guys and they offered for me to come to there house and go there. If you got any info or maybe you might want to go along with me.

Lotec25

Pursuit of Hog's, Dog's and chickens

Posts: 4 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thats the best news I have heard in weeks!! I was about to give Chappy's a call, I have leave scheduled for the end of the month, and they are still offering the $100 per for ANY pig. But hey, if you have an invite to hunt for free, then I would love to go!! Hope they have the room to use my 375 RUM... But if space is tight then maybe archery is the way to go if they are not running dogs. Let me know!!

posted Hide Post
The guy i have been talking to is about 3 hours north of Tampa on US 19. I should be there around the first of Dec as soon as i get in the area i will post and let yea know. Probley be leaveing CA around the 26 i hope.

Lotec25

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KICKASS!! I shall be waiting...

posted Hide Post
Gixxer,

I am in Florida, I am over in Holiday still unpacking the house. Drop me a pm and ill send yea my phone number. I still have a few things i have to do before i can go Hoggin but by the end of the week i should be good.

Lotec25

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent