New
Find
Notify
Tools

So. Tx. hogs in good cond.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
we trapped 10 hogs 01/15 in a 20 ft. pen trap baited only one day. 2-150's went towards suasage and a 75 lb was given to a friend. the larger hogs were in excellant condition with a good layer of fat. friend bbq'ed shoulder of smaller pig and loved it. even w/out any rain all winter these hogs are doing very well as they have access to some deer feeders. anyone coming to Tx for a hunt will enjoy some great pork as long as hogs are in area hunted. a 300 lb+ boar was taken off this same place and my cousin said the meat was good. Kurt.

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good work on the trapping. I may get one more chance at pigs this year before the guy I lease from starts running package hunts and thinning them out. Of course, I think we will have to get the new freezer my wife mentioned but that is okay with me. I could eat sausage about every day (or was that every meal?).

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, the wild pork will be combined with some venison taken in late Dec. and will become wurst right here on the ranch. always tastes better when homemade with home grown products. Kurt.

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. Guess I'll get to see for myself in another month. most likely get some rain by then as well.

It seems so odd to a guy from Canada to hear people talk about drought in winter.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote