New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Been a long HOT and dry spell but put the hammer on this sow tonight. Went out for the big solo boar regular but the past week or so have had a small sounder of 5 coming in--and before dark. Got out early and at 8:20 I saw them come out of the brush. Got the rifle up on the window rest and squeezed it off--they scattered with one of them having a hard time running. Sat around for another 90 minutes in case the big one showed but nothing else. Drove down to the feeder and climbed into the pen and scanned with my thermal scanner and spotted a "hot spot" but it was mostly obscured by trees so I wasn't sure it was a pig. Moved out a bit towards it and there she was. Maybe 100-120 lbs prego sow.

I think I have figured out my shooting woes too---I have the rifle zeroed in too low--I was middle of the shoulder on her and the round hit thru the leg joint and brisket---

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That'll work!

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about that.

Broke thru the ice. Don't stop now!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5947 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been hard to find pigs for sure! Good going!

Posts: 705 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote