New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last few weeks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been having some decent luck catching hogs the last few weeks.I have been so busy I haven't taken many pictures.Last night I made my second trip out to a farm where they getting ready to plant peanuts and caught 5 sows and two boars.This picture was taken this morning while I was processing them for dog food.

[URL=http://s131.photobucket.com/user/cgasch621/media/IMAG0
341.jpg.html] [/URL]

A couple of weeks ago I went down to McCook and spent two nights and killed 27 pigs.The dogs and I were pooped. The second night the dogs were bayed out in a sunflower field and from where I dropped them to where they were bayed was 972 yards according to the garmin.I sent some young legs into them and told them to call me on the radio when they were close and I would send the catch dogs.When the catch dogs arrived they each caught their own pig and we had 5 hogs caught at the same time.By the time I arrived at the scene most of the action was over with another bay going on about 50 yds away(I love hogs that don't know what a dog is). We quickly killed her and started picking up one at a time until we had caught 14 more.Those suckers wouldn't run but about 50 yds and wait for the dogs to find them.Didn't get any pictures because things were fast and furious.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
27 pigs is a lot of pork and a lot of work.
Sound like ya'll have had an excellent if exhaustive run.
Wonder if the cool weather we're going to have this weekend will be a plus for ya'll.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duckman, can you PM me your dog food recipe? It would be good to have alternatives for next time I get to go hog hunting.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the cool weather we're going to have this weekend will be a plus for ya'll.

Tell you later. Usually when it rains they stay in brush to feed and you have to root them out.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work as usual. We are in a lull here have to wait until the end of turkey season in order to not disturb the wild chicken hunters. Oh well!

Glad u are having such success.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote