New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have good texas hog hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm going to be in McAllen Texas for the hunting expo running the little sportsman booth and again in Houston for the Texas Trophy expo july 31-Aug 2. I thought I'd try and kill two birds with one stone. I'm finishing up a video USING ENOUGH GUN and would like to get a few hogs on film. So if anyone has access to some good hog hunting around there I'd like to do some hog hunting.

It might work better (usually does) if I man the camera and someone else does the shooting. If you have an area and want to have some fun let me know. There's just one catch, We have to use my 50bmg, unless you have one of your own.

If you have any good coyote/bobcat hunting that works too. But that's a whole 'nother production I'm working on. Feel free to PM me.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhh Crappppp!!!!!! If I was still on my S. Tx lease, we'd have an absolute ball! But, since I'm not--well, someone else have a ball!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it would be a blast. My wife shot her pronghorn with the 50 on camera and that was fun. We've also got some (4) bison shot with the 50 and jackrabbits in the snow with tracers. Lots of fun. Plus there's footage from the 50 long range world shoot. I'm hoping to get this video out by late fall.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're willing to come towards Fort Worth, pretty close actually, I might be able to oblige you.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good LWD. My plan is to drive to McAllen then after the show head towards Houston, leave the car at the airport because there's about 10 days between shows, go home for a week then fly back to the Houston show and pick up the car.

So we could do it after the McAllen show or before or after the Houston show. I came down there a couple years ago for hogs but it was a bust.

I've also designed an awesome predator decoy that will be in the predator video but that will require a non-disclosure agreement from whoever sees it(because it's so cool and different from anything out there).

I haven't booked my flight yet so if I can get enough predator/hog hunting lined up I'll just stay down there between shows. The predator hunting doesn't require using the 50 although that's fun too.