One of Us
Picture of Sgt Brown
posted
Sent to me as being authentic...

http://seabreezenews.com/issue/Page_01c.pdf

Tom

DRSS
NRA Life

"Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can - if necessary - look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" US Cavalry Manual 1923

Posts: 93 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sgt Brown
posted Hide Post
You know, the more I look at it the whole page, the more it smells - and not of hogs.

Late April Fool's joke?

Tom

DRSS
NRA Life

"Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can - if necessary - look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" US Cavalry Manual 1923

Posts: 93 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd call that a Mixed Bag! Perhaps "Surf & Turf"?

You never really need a Handgun, until you really, really need a handgun!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno, seems pretty hard to believe. Hogs around here won't come towards any man smell, and, while they swim like fish, I am not sure they would go into the water to attack anything.
Finally, I've never seen a gig that I thought would be tough enough to repeatedly stab and penetrate a hog deep enough to kill him. I also have serious doubts about the ability of a somewhat elderly man to stand up and fight off two hogs in water, gig or no gig. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it sure sounds like some rednecks said "Let's see if anyone will believe this?"

I'd like to see the skinned carcass and the gig to make a believer out of me, but, you never know.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read what the rest of the paper looks like. This should clear it up for you - http://www.seabreezenews.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
The man was supposed to have received stiches in his forearm. However, no bandage is visible.

However, good story to be told in a bar.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 619 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
+1 Geoff
Also, the hogs show no signs of having wet fur. Even though they have grizzly fur, there should still be signs of it being wet.

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote