New
Find
Notify
Tools

WILD PIGS IN ASIA?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm curious to know if ther'are some wild pigs or boar hunting opportunity in Asia.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
China, for one, on what are referred to as "Forest Hunts". Also, I have seen hunts advertised in the Phillipines. There is some hope that eventually India will be available to foreigners as well.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I know about Philippines. I have heard something about India.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
They use to have good hogs in the PI. I saw several while working with the PI security forces in the early 70's. They cook good to. But depending on which island you hunt, you will want to do it with a M-16 with a CGL or some such and have several friends armed the same way. I have friends from the PI and they will not return to their home island for even one day.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted pigs in Turkey in '99 when I was over there- with dogs and shotguns. Good fun!

Posts: 156 | Location: Brush Prairie, Washington | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
Interesting post...My wife is American-Korean (she came over when she was two). She has been suggesting we take the kids on a trip back there one of these days so they can see where 50% of there genetics are from. I wonder if there might be some hunting opps there too?

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
The only hunting allowed in Korea is on the island clear down off the southern point of the penninsula. Otherwise, private ownership of smokeless firearms is forbidden. You can rent shotguns to shoot pheasant on the island.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
So Bird hunting is the only hunting allowed in the entire country? Geeeze...thanks McArthur!

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pigs can be hunted in Pakistan. Will try and find the link to one of the outftters.

Rustam

P.S.: Try www.huntingmasters.com/wild-boar/

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also in one state of India I have read the local autorities sell wild boar hunts to the foreigners.

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think the place is Chattisgarh, where they're selling permits for 50$ per trophy

zubin

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote