New
Find
Notify
Tools

ingrediants for sausage
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Son-in-law went hunting for the big buck, but this boar showed up and run off all the deer...So he shot the boar, then a doe returned to the scene, so Son-in-law figured the stand was messed up for the evening he took the doe. Now he has ingrediants for sausage. Can't eat horns anyway. Smiler

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like he got 'er done!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't eat horns anyway

What's he gonna use for a toothpick?

Posts: 784 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He uses pig gut as dental floss!! Wink

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the makin's of some mighty fine table fare, no matter how you slice it.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, one can hope that he will remember paw-in-law when the dinner bell sounds. I did give him my daughter afterall.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite sausage is 2/3 venison, 1/3 pork, salt ,pepper, nutmeg. Venison/pork mix is also great for Bolognese sauce for pasta . Get to the kitchen ! dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mete that it took so long to get back to you, actually your recepe is close to my own, for the sausage that is. I don't know what the other stuff is, but I bet it is good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bolognese sauce is not "other stuff". It is a classic Italian pasta sauce and certainly deserves that title.
Grind meat [traditionally pork and veal though venison/pork is excellent] brown in hot oil.Add 'soffrito' ,chopped onion ,celery,carrot,garlic ,chopped tomato.Simmer and near the end of cooking add white wine, nutmeg,salt,pepper. Serve with fettucine [noodles].Enjoy !

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
It looks like the freezer is filling up!!

Congrats,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, but so far I havent got no bolognese sauce or sausage. Frowner But I'm sure son-in-law is still tying to perfect the bolognese before he serves it up. He is as good a cook as he is a hunter, and he does have a reputation to uphold. Not sure what's the hold up on the sausage though.

Regards,
Larry