New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best and worst of Tred Barta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I happened to stumble upon that show like 2 nights ago, and low and behold he was hunting hogs with a knife. Any of you guys catch it? I wish I could have a job on TV and act like a complete clown. The guy was in the basement of his house putting on face paint "getting ready" for his hunt(which was probably in another state, didnt catch that), and his wife walks up to him and was like "what are you doing?" You had to see it, it was pretty funny.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He lives in Long Island NY. He's a bit too much for me but he does get his game the hard way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like his shows. His way or no way and his is usually the hard way.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, like when he was fishing for Giant bluefins and he tells the angler " I am gonna gun the boat, and you are gonna lose HALF of your spool. That'll get em up!" This was after he was 45min into the battle. Whatever.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I have watched his show several times and keep waiting to see the "best" part. I was watching last night on OLN and half of the commentary was "bleeped". My boys watch OLN and the Outdoor channel regularly, and there is no excuse for the use of profanity on what is supposed to be "family" TV.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I do respect that he gets his game the hard way. Other than that can we just fire him and get rid of him because he has to be the most annoying freaking person.
I watched him like once or twice and that was enough. I just turn the channel.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
He is really annoying but you gotta respect a guy who hunts with a long bow and makes his own arrows. I saw one show where he was trying to arrow geese!

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Living on Long Island there are a lot of opinions of him. Most aren't good, everyone thinks he's a wind bag and a show off. I think a lot of it is sour grapes. Here's a man that has figured out how to make a living at what we love to do.
Like him or hate him he gets it done. He got it done before Television and he'd get it done without the sponsorships. He just rubs people the wrong way.
To each his own.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote