They will be back.
“Excuse me, could you order thin mints next time?"

https://www.azfamily.com/2024/...rth-scottsdale-home/

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh the sense of the little beasts! Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I raised a few, we had hundreds of them on the ranch or ranches where I was raised or leased. the baby's love bannas, oatmeal and some horsefeed..I shot them for twenty five cents apiece for my dad usually with a 22 mod 63 or the Rem mod 12, I can't even guess how many. there was no season back then in West Texas big Bend area from El Paso to Del Rio best I recall. That area in Texas is high and dry and our piplines to cattle troughs were plastic and those little buggers would bite a hole and get water and you ended up with miles of sprinkler system on those big ranches. I spent much of my time with bailing wire and innertube patching up those holes! They are overplayed as DG,when in truth they are harmless, eat rattle snakes and they willl damn sure make youhurt yourself!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, we had them in Otero County, New Mexico, and I found them to be charming little critters -- and amazing survivors in a harsh environment.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote