New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
George--doing great--in fact, climbed into my ladder stand this week. It was a "1-legged climb" but made it all the way to the top. I have my follow-up to remove sutures next week and I'm going to ask him about the "scope it once" as I've never heard that.

Now I just need to make a date--with a pig.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DO:

That's what I was told is all I know about it. Same with the shoulders too. Had the right one scoped, and when it went bad again was told it would have to be replaced when it got unbearable.
Tried hard about four or five yrs trying to get the R one done. Sure am happy with them both so far.
Still bite's me at times and not 100% motion. Can't reach the small of my back or much past the base of my neck in back. At least they don't hurt all the time. And don't jerk when the joint pops over the knots on the ball joints. Just about ruined a $400 stock because of that when cutting the barrel channel with a router.

I've fought knee's since Aug '70. Only thing that's kept them from being replaced are the Glucosamine pills everyday and Synvisc shots every six months or so. They keep telling me as long as there's space in there, they're not ready no matter how ready I am. I've begged 'em for yrs to replace them. The last four yrs with the other problems have kept me off my feet most of the time so knee's haven't bothered me much. I did have shots in June and last Nov.

Had some cops come visit a year ago. One was looking at my pig heads on the wall here and I asked: "John, have you ever kissed a pig before??" His woman partner laughed herself silly over that. Don't know about dating one!!

Good luck and take it easy the first month and you'll be fine. Glad it's doing well for you.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote