THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    A quick Friday early evening clockwork young European boar!

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A quick Friday early evening clockwork young European boar!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

We have had a sounder of four young ones coming into a maize bait the last week or so. Every evening between 17:30 and 18:00. Clockwork!

Yesterday late afternoon I was there in the small "Kanzel" at 17:00. The wind was at an angle from behind. I hoped that they would not wind me as they came in. We would see.

17:30 came. Then 17:45. At 18:00 I saw four black shapes in my thermal slowly approaching from the left and as the first of them came into the clearing, I eased the safety forward on my Sauer 101 in 6,5x55 SE and, sighting onto the pigs neck, sent one off! The pig dropped to the shot, kicked for a moment and was still! The remaining three little pigs departed in a sprint in the direction they came from.

Dressed out at 17 kgs - IMO a great sweet eating size - and I was at home with a cold German beer by 19:30!

Ain't it just great when things go to plan! Happy weekend!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet as ... Nicely done Charlie.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2018 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice when they drop and kick a bit then are still!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Our old friend Geedubya would heartily approve!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote