Find
Notify
Tools

Pups first catch
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Aloha All,

I been busy with work but just wanted to share with all of you the Boar we caught with the dogs this past Sunday. It was a good catch because we only took the pups on this run. Two of the older dogs were in heat and our two old timers were left home to recoup from the last few weeks.

The pups did well though with this boar he managed to break from them twice but on the second break he ran right into a mack truck called Big Boy LOL! Who stopped his run immediately and the rest of the pups reached and it was a done deal.

Hope you like the pic as its the only one that came out on my phone bummer. He was a veteran warrior with scars all over his body and half his ear gone from fighting dogs in the past.

Here he is his right tusk went 4" and his left was a little shorter at only 3 5/8"

Aloha,

Dom

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Dom!! Man, those island hogs have great cutters! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those cutters could do some serious damage to man or beast.

Nice! tu2

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ultra Mag you are the man. I love the boars you take. I am envious, my last three hunts produced zero pigs. Frowner I'm actually beginning to believe we've made somehead way with them population wise.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Dom:
That's a great catch.
You sure can't call those CUTTERS, the curvature on them fully rates being called: HOOKS.

Hope he didn't draw blood on the pups. Thanks much for sharing the great picture Dom.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any pics of the dogs, specially the Mack truck?

I'd love to see dogs working hogs in person sometime in my life.

Great boar by the way.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha All,

Thanks for the comments! Yeah we been on a dry spell as well been hitting them but not stopping them. We got a nice boar bout a month ago. His tusk curled back into his cheek so no dogs hurt on that one either.

I will try to get pics of the dogs we are currently running.

Aloha and good hunting!!!

Dom

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote