Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 376 Steyr on a numb hog
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Whit,
I know what you mean. My post really had no point but hogs never cease to amaze me with their unpredictability. This one never flinched-just realized he was dead.
Where are you in Florida. I'm down by Arcadia. Let me know.
Jeff

Posts: 177 | Location: Arcadia, Florida | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I ate at Slim's yesterday right after picking up the sausage from Fussells from one I killed last week.

You get over to the Desoto Gun Club very often?

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LDHunter
Slim's isn't exactly in NW Florida. I've never shot at the DeSoto Gun Club but I certainly go by it a lot. I built a range at my house so I use it. I've gotten meat from Fussell's but found a small meat shop in Bradenton that can turn even the old boars into some good bulk Italian sausage.
I chased a sow and 9 or so little ones around a grove this morning but couldn't get a shot prior to doing a quail hunt. I'm ready for some cooler weather to bring them out of the palmettos.
Best of luck and drop a line if you're near Arcadia. I got no problems shooting the bull if you have a few minutes.
Cheers,
Jeff

Posts: 177 | Location: Arcadia, Florida | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

My permanent residence is in North Florida but I'm down here trying to market and sell my home in Cape Coral.

You must be talking about Palmetto Meats in the Bradenton area?

I'll email you with a phone number so we can talk or you can email me at bobwmonahan@earthlink.net

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote