New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Vision Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Two nights ago we used my PVS 14 night vision monocular to spot hogs feeding in peanut fields at night. When we found hogs in the field, we would approach in a truck downwind, with all lights off until we were within 150 yards or so. Then we would hit them with a spotlight and the fun would begin. I shot 5 hogs with my 375 wtih 260 gr partitions and here's a picture of one that weighed about 250 lbs. It took 2 shots to bring him down because the first went right through his stomach. All shots were at running targets, offhand, from the top of a box in the back of a truck.

I shot a couple of smaller pigs but those pictures aren't suitable for the internet. One was running right toward me and I hit him in the head at about 25 yards. By the way, these hogs do an incredible amount of damage to the farmers' crops and all meat is given away to eat.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
One was running right toward me and I hit him in the head at about 25 yards.

Excedrin headache number 375... roflmao

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!
Nothing compares with pig hunting !!!!
Nice Pig thumb
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice hog indeed. I just finished making sausage from the last hog I shot, so it must be time to go again. I have been working up loads for my Marlin 1895 in 45-70. Shot some 405 Remingtons yesterday at around 1750-1800 fps; that should stop 'em.

Good luck and good shooting

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
Rattlesnaker,

you should let us judge if the photos of the smalle rpigs are suitable or not!!!
Wink

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote