New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogzilla's tiny, tiny cousins
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I took a wild turkey hunt last week and just before dusk the three little pigs came by. When two of them went nose to nose, I let fly with a round of #5 turkey shot at about 25 yards and put them both on the ground. Unlike any other pig I ever saw in the wild, these tiny tykes looked like they had just been groomed at the vets, so gutting and skinning was a breeze.

I put one on the smoker yesterday morning for Easter brunch. Good eats.

Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Photos???? Bob? Where are the photos?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the story is obviously a hoax.
a pig cannot be killed without a 500 nitro.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobc:
I took a wild turkey hunt last week and just before dusk the three little pigs came by. When two of them went nose to nose, I let fly with a round of #5 turkey shot at about 25 yards and put them both on the ground. Unlike any other pig I ever saw in the wild, these tiny tykes looked like they had just been groomed at the vets, so gutting and skinning was a breeze.

I put one on the smoker yesterday morning for Easter brunch. Good eats.

Bob

And the 3rd little piggie cried wee-wee-wee, all the way home Smiler. I never shoot those big dudes anymore. 100# is my max. I like to eat them. I'm sure a lot of you have seen genetic throwbacks to tame breeds of hogs, out in the woods. Those are usually very good eating. I've seen litters of 10 pigs where 9 all looked like regular wild pigs with hair standing up & all shoulders. And one of them looking like a pure bred Hampshire, with big hams & a white stripe through the shoulders. Never could figure that out, but I always pick the "Hamp". Probably should leave him for "seed" Smiler

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote