New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pig Hunting in Texas with eyedoc
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just returned from hunting the Big Woods in Tx with eyedoc (Dr. Mike) and a bunch of his friends and family. We had a great time, although neither my dad or I managed to get a hog. Mike took great care of us start to finish. If you have never met him, he is one great guy. Enjoyed his company as much as anyhting else on the trip. The food and accomadations were great, and some decent pigs were taken. Weather was great and overall a good time. Looking forward to going back next year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
spinedoc--sounds like you had a great hunt--I have lots of great memories of hunts on which no game was taken and no shots were fired. Guess that is why it's called hunting and not shooting.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Getting a hog is only icing on the cake. Lots of people lose track of that fact -- it's hunting, not killing........ Sounds like a great time. My last few times out we didn't get anything either, but we had great time nonetheless.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in Texas and on my last hunt I didn't fire a shot either. We hunted South of San Antonio on a friends friends ranch. The food and just good talk and visiting was super. It was a hunt I'll remember a long time. I have been on hunts and killed hogs and didn't have near the fun as I had on this trip.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spinedoc,,, I wish I could have made the trip instead of having to get continuing education. Sorry you didn't get your pig. Next time! Hopefully eyedoc will put another hunt together before we all head to Africa. We will keep you posted on our local hunts for deer and pigs. good luck, drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The final talley for the hunt was 14 pigs for 18 hunters.One fellow that struck out last year got three this trip.Two others guys killed two each.There was also two coyotes killed and two more coyotes that recieved running lessons.All on free ranging wild game.

This was a late season hunt that was admittedly not up to our usual standards for this ranch.Most hunts we average a pig per person.

Glad to hear that you (Eric) and your Dad had a good time.Hope you can get in on our hunt in February next year.You, me and Drwes can get those bows tuned up and ready for the BIG HUNT in August.

By the way, are you Jonesin for another platter of them Ditchbugs yet?

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote