New
Find
Notify
Tools

Callahan ranch hog hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard from one of the gun season deer guides that the Callahan ranch (near Laredo Texas) hosted a bowhunt for hogs and javalinas. They had 750 hunters for the weekend -- campers parked for miles along I-35. No telling how many they got. Did anyone go? Details?

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaprota:
I heard from one of the gun season deer guides that the Callahan ranch (near Laredo Texas) hosted a bowhunt for hogs and javalinas. They had 750 hunters for the weekend -- campers parked for miles along I-35. No telling how many they got. Did anyone go? Details?

It's an annual thing. I have not gone but I did see one report on another board where somene went and had a good hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its called the Texas Shootout
I have never been. Too dang many people for me.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that goes every year. It's pretty much a big party in which some hogs get killed. I have heard that it is a lot of fun though.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got this picture of the waiting line at the ranch entrance. The guy said his gate pass was #388

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You couldn't pay me enougth money to be involved with that zoo. that sounds terrible.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
Last time I saw a line that long there was a sign at the other end that said "free Beer". beer

I can't even imagine how crowded a hunt like that would be.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote