Find
Notify
Tools

I need a good hog hunt--North Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted
I have a good friend looking for a good hog hunt at a fair price for a group of 3...would like to shoot 3-5 pigs for each...they are from WY and would be driving down...PM me if you guys have anything and we can work out details.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
After you all take care of Ed, I wouldn't mind taking my two boys this summer as well looking for pretty much the same thing... We'll be bringing our 375, 416 and 500 Jeffery ...

Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have seen them for $500 and up for two hogs in Texas, and Oklahome; is that a fair price? I have paid that and more for russians in other states.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up "Big Woods" on the internet,, www.bigwoods.net It is about 2 hours from Dallas,,, near Palastine Texas on the Trinity river.... The facilities are good, their prices are listed. Also ask them about night hunting with a spot light. In the past if they had a guide available that wanted to earn some extra money he would drive us around and let us shoot them at night which is legal in Texas. The guide would be paid directly from you and extra from the rates posted.. We always get pigs that way there and worth the extra money

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where hogs are regularly hunted they are almost exclusively nocturnal. Be aware of that and make sure that your outfitter provides for after-dark hunting.

Hogs occasionally show themselves in the daylight, but it's not likely to happen during the three days out of 365 that you're there.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend Richard's Ranch just north of Dallas. Ask for Brent Hackley. Took my girls there a few weeks ago and had a great time.
Regards,
Chuck Shannon

Posts: 47 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With Quote