New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next Target
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will be running the big trap this week as they have been inside 7 nights running, and then I am going after this big one--

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
about time.

When are you going to sit?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5947 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George--trap is set and hopefully I'll have a catch in the morning. Then I can go sit and focus on hammering the boar. However, according to our weather forecast, the winds will be out of the east for the entire week and that won't work at this site-so whenever the winds shift back to the SE.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better take some good skitter spray! Worked cow Friday and they were bothersome during the day at the wife's place. I sat the other night, it was not the mosquitos but the heat and humidity that sent me home early!

Posts: 705 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have become more numerous here after the recent rains---and our birdbath in the yard was full of wigglers yesterday before I treated it.

When I go for a sit I will take the thermocell---no problem with it in operation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trap session was fruitful--10 of them. Two medium sows were likely pregnant so eliminated 20 most likely.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done !!!

Posts: 705 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That 2-tone big one wasn't in the trap so I still have a target to pursue. Winds have been totally wrong recently, and the moon is too bright now so I'll have to wait until next week to go for a sit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty good to see some activity.

You got a good load that tine again,
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5947 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live in north Georgia 10 miles south of the Atlanta airport in a suburb that crawling with deer. Just yesterday I saw two 6-point and one 4-point deer browsing on acorns and sparring. There are many others, especially does. All are quite safe--houses everywhere. But the deer have adapted wonderfully and they're fun to watch.

Cheers, Roger

Posts: 476 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustoffer:
Trap session was fruitful--10 of them. Two medium sows were likely pregnant so eliminated 20 most likely.

More like 30, I would say.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JamesStambough
posted Hide Post
Once they’re in the trap, how do you kill them? 22RF and head shots or whatever handgun you’re carrying that day? I’ve never hunted hogs but have always wanted to.

Posts: 31 | Location: Eastern Kentucky  | Registered: 11 February 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger:

That's nice, just don't get to thinking they

are tame and get hurt, or let kids gets hurt.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight