5/20/07 Hog Hunt Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Enjoy~!

Hog Hunt Video

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted Hide Post
nice.
clap
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Great job, Justin!! Nice shooting and a couple of really good hogs! Sausage?

Had some sausage on the barbeque last night of last week's hogs........

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
How was the sausage Whitworth?

I invited my boss down to the land I guide on to experience these hog hunts and he was wanting to film so we went ahead and did that...

The first one was about 80 yards and then once that hog was down my boss was wondering why we were standing around and we should go check another feeder so we crested another hill and I glassed the area and saw nothing but about a minute later I glassed the area again and saw a black circle I hadn't seen before, it turned out to be the black boar with good tusks in the video and at 185yards I broke his back Smiler

To say the least my Boss wants to go back out and so do I Smiler

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Very nice! thumb I like to hunt everything, but hogs hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it's the memories of ag projects in high school - they owe me! I wouldn't mind seeing more footage if you get the chance. Wink

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Permian Basin?
I thought those sand hills look familar?

I was raised in Odessa. Where were y'all hunting? Near Crane or Andrews?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has to be somewhere close to where there is water... That boar has mud on him. I hunt between Iraan and Crane, and the only water there is in stock tanks. Also, the land is as flat as my living room floor...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
We were hunting just North of Crane! Ya'll were right!

After all this rain the past couple of weeks the roads were still wet and etc.

Keep the comments coming! I will be sure and get more video posted on upcoming hunts as well!

Justin

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Again, great shooting, Justin!

The sausage was great! I slapped a couple pounds on the barbeque last night, with a little potato salad......mmmmmmm........

We were supposed to film our hunts weekend before last but the brother-in-law didn't bring the extra battery and you guessed it, as we were climbing on the buggy, the camera shut down from insufficient juice........ Mad

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
If you ever plan on doing a big game adventure in probably a year in advance, I'd be happy to join ya'll in camp Big Grin

Ever thought of a West Texas Aoudad hunt? Smiler I always thought it would be a neat hunt to attempt.

If you have a good recipie for the hogs please feel free to message it! I haven't found a really spectacular one yet for the wild boars...

Sorry to hear about the video camera, when you finally get it on film you will find yourself speeding back to a house to watch it on a big tv!

I am going to try to eventually get video of the hogs killed with a large variety of weapons, I know that the Casull is begging for a sitting in a bow blind this upcoming weekend!

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
We're planning another in the Fall.......you're welcome to join us. Hopefully I'll have my Linebaugh by then and will have to blood it! Of course the .338 will be joining me again as well. Big Grin

We have a really good game butcher in Florida and he made us bratwurst, Polish sausage and both mild and hot Italian sausage. Very tasty! We had 5 hogs worth!

Gotta try out the Casull!

Semper Fidelis

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I just watched this video again, and those are some good hogs! They're pretty big. The biggest I've ever shot in Florida (or anywhere for that matter) was 250 lbs. Those are some good boars! Congrats again, Justin, and keep posting hunting vids!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I miss rabbit hunting in West Texas!

Hope to see y'all one one of my trips!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Yeah those two were decent size! About average for this place!

If ya'll are interested in doing one of these hunts just private message me and I will set you up!

Justin

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Details man, details!

Oh, did you film last night's hunt?

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
$150 gets you in, if you dont kill the first day you just keep rescheduling the hunt until you get one! So you may go out once for $150 or it may be 3 times just who knows. They are out there though!

Sorry Whit, no video. Like I said I wasn't actually out there for hogs, but I was packing heat Smiler

I was able to get my trail camera setup near one of the feeders so next weekend hopefully I will get some good pictures of some hogs that are coming in!

Justin

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Do you guide hunts, Justin? How big is the property?

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Do you guide hunts, Justin? How big is the property?

Yes I do Big Grin

I don't know the exact size of the property but it is a quite large tract of land.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
PM sent, Justin!

Semper Fidelis