Tools

a tenn pig huntin vidieo for ya
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply great!!! Just the group I have been looking for. Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 1074 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve
That is an awsome video.

Looks like they need a few DRSS boys to show up and show them how mto stick a double rifle in a pigs ear.

577 Nitro, give them a call and see if they will make us a deal for, say the end of May.

PS. Let the record reflect, 700 Nitro did come from Canada [eh] and shoot a good pig, at the DRSS hunt in Texas.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I love the music!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the scoped rifle wasn't exactly the tool for the job. My 10 ga with a rifled slug would have kicked some you-know-what from about 3 yards.

analog_peninsula

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat video but mostly contrived hunting

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just watched the video.

Here is a quote from the site by the outfitter:

"Hogguide (1 month ago)
Let it be known...Anti Hunting scum and those who frown on the centuries old tradition of using dogs to hunt wild hogs need not leave a comment to this or any of my videos.
Adding comments have been disabled for this video."

I would say that this is not for me. To each his own.

Near my camp in VT I came upon a pack of dogs on the road back in the early 60's and then some hunters. They had treed a cub bear and shot it out of the tree. The poor thing must have been about 40 lbs. I saw those guys only a couple of years ago and they still have the dogs and have killed lots of bears. I would say that this is not for me. To each his own.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I loved it! Fantastic clips!Flirting with disaster aint for everybody!
Get em Dogs! Aint nothing like good old hickory smoked BBQ the hard way!YEEEEEHAAAA thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good place for a future DRSS hunt, say maybe the end of May???

Doc52, them pigs are plenty BIG, might be just the ticket for your 577. Big Grin BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video. Has anyone heard of a hog being taken from this thats close to 1000 lbs. and 95% Russian blood not feral. Someone told me there was one recently taken. I know a true Russian hog at 400+ lbs.is quite a pig. Thanks for comments in advance.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
analog
I agree, an iron sighted rifle, shotgun, or a handgun, seems like the proper tool of choice here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an awsome vid!! Just a ton of great footage.

Savage99, it makes me sad and angry to hear of people hunting as you described-no ethics or regard of what they kill. I assure you that is NOT the way most of us that hunt with dogs do it. Those guys should have been treed and shot. I can respect that it might not be your cup of tea. However I would encourage you to try it one time with a REPUTABLE guide. I can think of no other type of hunting outside of Africa that gets the heart pumping more than hogs or LEGAL bear with dogs. I just wish I had dogs of my own. I'd have ya down for a weekend and show ya how it's really done.

I think we should do a DRSS hunt there in late summer 2008 or 2009. It's a WHOLE LOT cooler than TX. But more importantly, I'll be back from deployment and can bring my new DR! clap

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i talked to the guy on the phone who owens and runs this out fit and i will probably do a hunt long befor the drss guys even get there i also called some of his ref and this seem like a top notch out fit......a bit rustic but who the hell cares ill sleep on the ground in a burlap bag as long as i can hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bloodnativ:
What an awsome vid!! Just a ton of great footage.

Savage99, it makes me sad and angry to hear of people hunting as you described-no ethics or regard of what they kill. I assure you that is NOT the way most of us that hunt with dogs do it. Those guys should have been treed and shot. I can respect that it might not be your cup of tea. However I would encourage you to try it one time with a REPUTABLE guide. I can think of no other type of hunting outside of Africa that gets the heart pumping more than hogs or LEGAL bear with dogs. I just wish I had dogs of my own. I'd have ya down for a weekend and show ya how it's really done.

I think we should do a DRSS hunt there in late summer 2008 or 2009. It's a WHOLE LOT cooler than TX. But more importantly, I'll be back from deployment and can bring my new DR! clap

I still don't like what I saw in the video but then I get a post from a guy like you who is in our military. My hats off to you. Not only that but my good buddy is now living in Greer and we talked about a giant boar that had been shot I think in TN. I really like the people and area near Greenville.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello guys.

I am the manager and main guide for Tennessee Extreme. I am very aware that some folks frown on using dogs to hunt with. I completely understand. But dogs are no more of aid than using fiber optic sights on a bow or a scope on a gun. It doesnt get much more exciting and adrenalin oumping than walking up into a brush top or creek bottmwith a boar that has been abyed up by 2-3 good bay dogs. Every vehement, anti dog hunting person I have ever taken hunting changes their tune after they hunt with us. I do have access to 13,000 acres of stand hunting only land but there is no guarantee of a kill. The price to hunt there is $200/day plus $20 night lodging. it is in the same county where my lodge is. We have taem severa this summer and last winter and have a tone of trail cam pics. Sometimes we kill severa and some weekends we get skunked. but we usually always see some.

if you want to sit on a stand and twiddle thumbs or get out on the move and follow some great dogs and dodge a few charging hogs we will do our best to accomodate you. Wherever you guys go have fun.

Check out the link below. it is where I put my large groups when they hunt with me.
www.zenithstables.com

"The South's Original Extreme Sport"

one of us
posted Hide Post
there no such thing a dodging a wild boar with fire fire power most these boys are using including my self.

a shot from my 505 should put some real hurt on one of them piggys

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
great video, and what some hogs there is there !!

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with bay dogs in the multi thousand dollar range ya better be dodgeing unless there is no chance what so ever a dog will get hit by the bullett. don't know about you but hitting a dog would sure be a costly mistake. i know i tell my bear hunters up front that if they hit a dog they buy it! and the cheapest i've got is around 1500 dollars.

http://www.gitrbayed.com
makeing bears and boars worst nightmare come true since 1990

Posts: 30 | Location: tennessee | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Wow, some really big hogs in that video!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
cool great video

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Great video I loved it. I'll check out their site and see if it's in my cards to go. I know I'd have a wild time. Boar vs 470 mgun

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote