Find
Notify
Tools

Re: lipped peccary
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
my brother killed two peccries in the north he runs a lot and intercepted the animals running awy from the dogs he killed them with a beretta a390 and remington buchkshots .nice trophys.i think hog meat its better because peccries have very few fat.our country its ideal for hog hunting because it havs a lot of species.juan

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
does anyone hunted lipped peccar i hunt with my dogos in el chaco north of argentina one friend decided that he wwill not use collars in his dogs and 2 of thenm were killed by this pigs very brave and the terrain is a nigthmare a very dense bush and dogs cannot work well nice trophys i want to hunt most of the pigs of the world and this was agreat hunt i use a sw44magnum a friend a blackhawck357 we killed 4 peccaries.juan

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much do white lipped peccaries weight?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Axeman, you have a PM, labeled TOP SECRET

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
they are small not more than40kilos very agile very fast with small tusks but very very dangerous for the dogs.juan

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I've got to keep you in mind, Juan, as a dedicated California Hawg Hunter I aim to chase piggies all over the planet. I've got 3 varieties so far, a white-lip is definitely on the list . . . maybe with a big knife?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
here you can hunt collared peccary,lipped peccary,various feral pigs,russian boar,and arare big peccry in the jungles of the north there you can hunt tapirs too .i guided hangunhunters ,bowhunters,and rifle hunters.juan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Juan,
I have been viewing your many posts as you are, obviously, a professional hog hunter. Unfortunately, I have not packed a camera for several years. A camera only reduces the amount of ammo that can be packed. Weight is always critical as we go to the island with helicopter and must haul everything, including drinking water.

For some good pictures, check some of the posts made by Mike Smith in this forum. He was on Niihau in June of this year. I believe that he titled his post "Niihau Hunting" and was dated in June and July.

Hog hunting there is closer to varmint shooting than hunting, except that the varmints are larger. It is common to sneak up and scatter 56-60 porkers at a single water hole in the early evening. We use sheep as bait in an enclosed and fenced paddock with a small waterhole inside.
I have had shooters fire continuously for over an hour in that particular paddock. This all sounds like B.S. Don't take it from me. Check with Mike Smith and Matt Norman, both members of the forum. They have been to Niihau twice.

An older SCI record book lists the feral hog ranks as 1,3,&4 from the Island of Niihau. The body weights are relatively small. However, SCI measures the total length of the tusks and circumferances including the roots. The Niihau pig has an unusually long jaw and thus long roots.

Geoff

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't sound BS to me Geoff. Seeing mobs like that is a normal days hunting in my state. Good to see there are other places where it can be done.

Karl.

Posts: 3532 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Karl,
Have hunted in your good country well over a dozen times over the years, culling pigs, donkeys, brumbies, banteng, and dingos in the Northern Territories, and goats, pigs,roos, etc. in N.S.W.

Your country offers the best shooting on the globe without qualification.

Geoff

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
This is getting my barbecue genes all worked up! I'm doing a pork rib roast tomorrow with my own secret Bwana Walt's Safari Hot Sauce (coming to a market near you . . . eventually!) for my son's birthday. The current version is good on fish, shellfish (you won't believe what it does for the Mozambique Prawn Dinner) and chicken and it should be good on domestic piggies, as well. However, for the more robustly flavored wild varieties, I am developing a "Wild Game and Beef" version. Stay tuned, stay hungry, keep hunting!